«Life After Orange» is a project by Chanel Mülhaupt, a multimedia production student with the passion for telling stories. The project consists of a concept for a fictional TV drama show, character developments of the three protagonists and a short film that will demonstrate these two elements. This project has two goals:
- Portray minority characters in an adequate way.
- Show the viewer that not everything is black and white and that every one of us has a story to tell that needs to be heard.
The show includes three minority characters:
- Skylar James, an independent and strong woman.
- Riley Archibald, a bisexual girl.
- Tristan Torres, a Latino.
Before developing these characters, adequate research was put into how to correctly portray minorities on television and to ensure that they would not be depicted as stereotypical minority characters.
Rahel Grunder as Skylar James
Robin Feldmann as Riley Archibald
Sandro Stocker as Tristan Torres
Browse through the website and read about The Show, its Future, The Characters, their fears and quirks and most importantly, their story. Find out what’s important in developing minority characters in a super brief crash course in The Handbook. And last but not least, have a look at The Film and let me tease you a little and make you yearn for more «Life After Orange».